Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Round 2: Sweet Study Spot

WOWZERS! What a week! Round 2 was nerve wracking so much fun! I have been wanting to make my daughter a desk for her bedroom for a long time. I homeshool, and I've been getting kind of sick of having her school stuff all over the kitchen table. (And everywhere else!). I saw this desk at the thrift store a few weeks ago and saw it's potential right away. (Though I have NO idea what the slanted shelves are for!) I bought it, brought it home, and turned it into this...


Photobucket

from this!

(can you say EEEEEW? You should have seen all the left over spider junk in it *shudder*)

I cleaned it out, spray painted it Krylon Watermelon Pink, changed out the knobs to some cute "crystal" knobs, and Mod Podged some scrapbook paper onto the drawer fronts for a punch of color. Then, I took an old picture frame, spray painted it the same color as the desk and inserted some cork board. This went on top of the dresser for a place she can pin up her favorite creations.

Then, I added a white lamp, a decorated can for her pencils and stuff, and a cute blue quail to dress it up, some baskets on the top shelf for extra storage. And there you have it, a perfectly Sweet little Study Spot!


Photobucket


Now for the fun part! If you liked my project, please (pretty please with a cherry on top!) head on over to the American Crafter's competition to vote for it! My project is #3. :) Thanks SOOOO much, guys! You're the BEST!

Click HERE

*VOTING IS NOW CLOSED FOR THIS ROUND, BUT THE NEXT ROUND STARTS NEXT FRIDAY! STAY TUNED TO SEE MY NEXT PROJECT! *





Photobucket


Linked up to:

Thrifty Decor Chick
Blue Cricket Design
Fingerprints on the Fridge

19 people leaving some love!:

Faye Hayes said...

Oh that is SO cute! VOTED!

Unknown said...

OMG!!!!! That is amazing! Come make me one please!! You rock! Going to vote now!

Misty-Ann said...

Oh I ADORE this!!! Great job and I could not imagine all the spider junk on it.. Ewww!

Unknown said...

You out-did yourself, girlie!!! This is fabulous!! My daughter would positively squeal if you she saw this!

MaryBerry Boutique said...

I just voted for you:) this is ADORABLE!! Im your newest follower:)
Mary
http://maryberryboutique.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

You have my vote for sure! That desk is so darling!

Alaire said...

When I get a house, will you PLEASE come decorate it for me?

Unknown said...

I love this desk...grown woman over here would squeal over that pink desk if I could have it myself!! I am sure your daughter went nuts! I love this contest - you are so creative and it is fun to see what the others are doing. I thought the fireplace screen headboard was pretty ingenious as well.

Julie said...

Wow, super cute desk! I LOVE IT! Chloe would love this too. Someday when I have more room than this 2 bedroom apt. (sigh)

Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life said...

It is A. Maze. Ing.

Voted :)

Kathy said...

Slanted shelves probably = broken shelves. It looks great!

P.S. My word verification is "proterd". *snicker*

MeganD said...

I voted for you on 5-13-11! Sooo cute!

Tausha Wierlo said...

I just voted!! GOOD LUCK!!! Yours is TOTALLY the cutest! I love that color! OOBER cute!! xoxo

The Yoder's Five said...

This is the best thing you've done yet!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Sarah said...

LOVE what you did with it, just adorable.

Sassy Sites! said...

Congrats on winning the American Crafters Competition this round! This is too cute!! I'm your newest follower... don't know why I wasn't a follower before. I'm looking forward to seeing tons more of your great stuff! LOVE your blog!!

Allison@FabRehab said...

Love, love and LOVE! Heading over to vote NOW!

. said...

That is an amazing makeover!! Very nice job! :)

Unknown said...

Natalie,

I just had to stop by to say that we loved your desk so much I made a similar one for my daughter!! She LOVES it (and I totally want to find more stuff to spray paint pretty colors ;) )

http://cometogetherkids.blogspot.com/2011/05/little-girls-dream-desk.html

Thanks for the inspiration!