Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thrifty Master Bedroom Makover: PART 1




After finishing Kate's room, I needed another project. Our master bedroom has kind of become the "throw everything that doesn't have a home in there" room. All my craft stuff is all over, there is usually a pile of unfolded laundry waiting for me on the bed...it's just kind of sad. I mean, shouldn't the master bedroom be the best bedroom in the house? Well, I've decided it's time it SHOULD be. So, I've been doing little projects this week to try and make it look nicer. Wanna see what I've been up to?


I wasn't looking for the Holy Grail, but I think I found it. I found these for about $3 total at the local thrift store, and with some good old Krylon spay paint I turned them into....


THIS!
*The hurricane glass candle holders are just vases glued to candle sticks from Dollar Tree!*


And, of course with the rolled fabric rosette kick I've been on, I glued some onto some old picture frames. I love how they turned out! ( I did these rosettes really messy and shabby, instead of neat and tightly rolled. LOVE THEM!!!)


I put a canvas that I covered with fabric between the frames. I stenciled on the "B" by printing it out on freezer paper and cutting the letter out to make a stencil. Then I ironed it onto the canvas and stenciled it on with black paint.


It turned out FABULOUS! (pretend that I hung them on the wall evenly, mmmkay?)


I had sewn some pillows a few weeks ago, and they were missing something. I couldn't decide what to put on them. Oh, DUDE. I have to tell you, I made these 2 blue damask pillows out of 1 old standard pillow that I cut in half and used as a pillow insert! How thrifty is that!?!


So, then I made some HUGE rolled fabric rosettes and glued them onto a strip of fabric I wrapped around the pillow as a tie. GENIUS! GENIUS, I SAY! It totally reminds me of something from Anthropologie. LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOVE.

I love making cute things and being thrifty!

Now I just need to decide on a paint color for the walls....any suggestions?

14 people leaving some love!:

Sarah said...

So cute. I want to try the rosette frames!

Family of Five said...

So Crafty! Love it all!

Tatum said...

Good grief! I leave you alone for a second, come back, and look at all of these projects you are cranking out! A crafting machine, that's what you are. Where do I start? I love it all. How did you attach your fabric to your canvas? On a related note, I think I will have to blatantly copy the rosette frame- to die for.

Jessica@SewHomegrown said...

Love those Damask pillows with the rosette and tie! Gorgeous!

Shabby Soul said...

These are super ideas! I love your color scheme, too! The pillow is darling & now your bedroom looks like rosette heaven - I love it!

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

That pillow is TO DIE FOR! Can I buy it?! Also, do you know the name and manufacturer of the fabric you used on the pillow? Love it!

Tiffany said...

I love the new bedroom decor! The fabric roses were a really cute accent :)

Valerie Earnest said...

I'm also trying some thrifty master bedroom makeover crafts, so I really appreciate the inspiration here. I'm headed to the dollar store! Everything looks great.

Valerie-www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com
Stop on by!

Kirsten said...

I know what you mean by the room for everything that doesn't have a home. Your makeover is beautiful!!
the pillows... to die for and the glass hurricane candle holders are amazing!!!Great Job!!

Unknown said...

The bedroom looks amazing and I am soo in love with the rose Frame! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

Shannon said...

You're Pillow is Freakin Incredible! well all your crafty touches are beautiful - nice work - thanks for sharing with us!

DIYbyDesign said...

I love that fabric. It looks so similar to a fabric I just made an ottoman out of. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

Monique said...

Oh that is gorgeous! BTW, your "follow" button doesn't seem to be working.

www.mogslee-tiger.blogspot.com

Liz@Craftbaby said...

LOVE the rosette frame - you should totally enter it into the Craftbaby DIY frame contest:http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/2/fabulous-picture-frame-sweeps

Plus you have about 20,000 other amazing projects you should add to the Upcycle contest: http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/3/upcycle-it-sweeps

Plus your wreath would look awesome in the Spring Wreath contest - oh my goodness, girl, you are busy - love it!!!