Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Trash into Treasure

I am totally kicking myself for not taking before pictures of this...I was just so darn anxious to turn it into something amazing! I found this for $1 at the thrift store. It had a really ugly picture of Precious Moments dolls at the top and it was red. I was giddy about it as I brought it up to the register...sometimes I wonder what the cashiers are thinking when I bring things up to the counter so excited about them. "Man...I bet this chick's house is HIDEOUS." or "Man...this chick has horrible taste! UGH!"

But who cares. I thrive off of making beautiful things out of junk!

Photobucket
This is my latest creation! I painted the frame gray and antiqued it. Then I Mod Podged some paper over the ugly picture. Then, I cut out some vinyl letters with my handy dandy Silhouette
and stuck them on. I finished it off with some of my rolled fabric rosettes and some ribbon and that's it! This whole project only took me about an hour!

Hmmm...now I just have to get brave enough to write on it. If only my handwriting was as cute as the font....

Photobucket

Linked up to:
Tip  Junkie handmade projects

7 people leaving some love!:

The Yoder's Five said...

SOO cute! You sure have an eye for transforming things.

Kelly said...

Oh, you have a silhouette. I want one. And cute project too, by the way.

Kathy said...

So cute! I haven't written on the chalkboard by my front door because I can't bear to mess up the perfect black.

Unknown said...

Fantastic!!! Love, love, LOVE this!! I might be copying this exactly!!

Faith said...

How cute is that?! I know what you mean about handwriting though...mine is terrible. I should be a man or a doctor...but alas I have neither excuse.

Lauren said...

Those fabric rosettes are ADORABLE!

Laura said...

Love this! So very cute!