Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 20, 2011

How I Lost 5 lbs This Week! You Can Do It Too!

Does that title sound like a crazy midnight infomercial or what!?! Did it grab your attention, though? Read on for a free pair of oven mitts for the first 100 callers! Okay, not really. What I have to offer is WAAAAY better than oven mitts. (Unless they were in a REALLY cute fabric.)


I want to tell you about this FABULOUS (and FREEEEE!) website I've been using to help with my weight loss goals. Exercising every day didn't seem to be cutting it for me...and I know exactly why.

I.LOVE.FOOD.

I hate being hungry...it makes me cranky and sad. And...well...hungry.

BUT, the good news is that since I started using this website I have lost 5 pounds in one week. How??? I have become aware at how fast calories add up throughout the day! Homegirl here was eating like, 3,000 calories a day!!! No freaking wonder I was bustin' out of my britches!

I'm going to give you a quick overview of this website now...so you can see just how awesome it really is! I'm not even getting paid or anything...I just love it so much!

Here's what it looks like. (well, the top half anyway...I couldn't fit the bottom half onto the screen!)

Photobucket

So, as you can see here (hopefully) there are 3 tabs. FOOD, FITNESS, and EQUIPMENT.
And, most importantly, a box for you to enter what you've eaten. The cool thing is that it has EVERYTHING you could ever possibly eat and it's nutritional info. When you click "I ATE THIS", it automatically enters the information into your daily log. You can edit your serving sizes, too.

Photobucket

Since it's early in the morning, I hadn't entered any calories consumed or burned anything yet. According to my caloric needs, I should be eating 1, 167 calories a day. So, after I eat breakfast, I enter that in and it will put it in the calories in like this:

Photobucket

Cool, huh? So, when I have my 3 o'clock crash, I can look at my calories I have left for the day and decide whether I really want to waste my calories on that delicious chocolate Snack Pack.

Here is what the other tabs do:

MY PLATE: This is where you enter the food you eat/calories consumed.

CALORIE GOALS: This is where you enter your lifestyle. Are you pretty sedentary? Or are you always up and about? Or, are you right in the middle? Your daily caloric needs will depend on this. So, I entered my information and how much weight I want to lose per week, and my magic calorie number was 1,210 per day.

WEIGHT: This shows a line graph of your weight loss. It's been SOOOO awesome to see the progress! Even if it's just a pound a day...it's still awesome to see that line drop! It will also track your body mass index...ROCK ON.

Photobucket

And...the rest of the tabs are things you have to become a "GOLD" member for....psssh. Frills, I say. Frills. Who needs frills.


Photobucket

Another thing I LOOOOVE about this site is that I can keep track of how much water I drink during the day. I used to be TERRIBLE at drinking water...I could go all day without drinking anything. But, not anymore! And I have noticed a big difference in how I feel, and even a difference in my complexion.

Photobucket

FYI...I hate water. So, I use calorie free flavored drink packs in my Nalgene because I can guzzle them without gagging. I love these Hawaiian Punch Singles!


I really couldn't say enough good things about this website. There are so many more bonuses to it...but it would be like, a 5 page long post. It has been a HUGE help! So, if you're looking to be able to fit into that swimsuit again by summer (like me...) then definitely check this website out! Here's the link...

CLICK HERE!


Photobucket

7 people leaving some love!:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I just signed up and will try it this week.

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

This is AWESOME!! WAY TO GO THIS WEEK!! Will you help me remember this link after I have my baby this fall?? Thank you very much :)

Emily @ ReMarkable Home said...

Congrats! That is awesome! I can't believe it has you eating so few calories though! Are you starved??? I have a bunch of weight to lose. It stinks that we can't just eat anything and everything that we want to!

Tiffany said...

thats awesome girl! congrats on becoming more healthy, its always a great feeling!

Kathy said...

I just started using it again this week. It is just nice to have a reality check once in a while!

Michelle said...

Great job! I use a website called MyFitnessPal.com. It's basically the exact same as the one you use :) Becoming aware of what we put into our mouths seems so simple, but it really makes you think about what you eat. I lost 30 pounds last year using that website. Just make sure you're eating enough calories! Especially if you're running. I had a personal trainer who got mad at me when I was only eating 1200 calories a day. She said I should be eating at least 1500-1800 to be healthy, especially since I was exercising. I'm all into health and fitness now, can you tell? Hee hee!

Lisa said...

Yes Livestrong ROCKS.