Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, May 20, 2011

American Crafter Round 3

Well, it's round 3! I can't believe I'm still in the competition. (Thank you, guys!!! I couldn't have made it this far without you!!!) The talent is SOOOO amazing in this group! Especially in THIS round! **I'm shaking in my custom baby seal leather boots** (5 imaginary bonus points if you can guess the movie that line is from.)

Well, you wanna see what my project was? Do ya? Do ya?


Tah-daaaaah! My own Pottery Barn knock-off lounge chairs.

Photobucket

I was looking through some Pottery Barn Kids magazines, and they have the cutest stuff! I love the new beach designs they've come out with this summer! I've really wanted some cute lawn chairs for the family, and decided to make my own. I bought 2 lawn chairs, some fabric paint (don't use the acrylic paint, it'll just rub/wash off!) and some stencils. I let my kids chose the designs they wanted and here's what I came up with!

Photobucket

I totally had visions of having pictures with my kids chillin' in them. Sunglasses, swimsuits, a glass of lemonade in hand with the sprinklers going in the background....it was going to be PERFECT. Then, the morning I was supposed to get the pictures taken it was 40 degrees, SUPER windy, and starting to blow snow flurries. CRAAAAAAAAP! So, the kids sat in the car with the heat on full blast while I got out in my winter coat and took pictures as quickly as I could. Sigh.

But...I think the chairs turned out AWESOME! And, since they're personalized, I don't have to worry about them fighting over who gets what chair! ;) Plus, they are so easy, ANYONE can make them. (Come on...you know you wanna!)


Now...time to vote! You get to vote for your favorite top 3! I would be sooooo thrilled if you voted for mine! :)

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!



Photobucket

10 people leaving some love!:

Unknown said...

I would have never thought to try and create my own custom lawn chairs:) Great job!! Voted for you once again...chant it with me:FINAL 3, FINAL 3, FINAL 3!!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Those are awesome!! It looks warms in your pictures! :)

The Yoder's Five said...

Mega Mind! My kids love that movie.

These turned out FABULOUS! And I'll bet they didn't cost $50 a piece like Pottery Barn. So glad they worked out after struggling with your first idea.

Unknown said...

I L.O.V.E. these, Nat!!! I think they're perfectly fabulous!!! I may have to try these for a couple little people I know who keep hanging around me and stealing my chairs! Voted for you!

Tiffany said...

Holy cow thats awesome! I voted!!! You go girl.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Cute. I bet they love them. :)

Alyssa McVey said...

THey look great! How fun for you kids!

Tatum said...

Twin, I haven't headed over to vote yet today, but I'm telling you already, you've got this one in the bag! These are so cute! I am laughing about your photo story- the things we do for a blog photo! It was worth it! I want these so badly! Bravo, Bravo!

Lolly Jane said...

loving this, where did you get the chairs?? so dang cute!! I'm too lazy to make 4...trade you labor for lemonade?! haha!!
voted for ya, girl, great job! xo

Tausha Wierlo said...

LOVE them!! SUPER cute!! I voted :) Good luck girly!!