Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Blow Away-less Spring Wreath





I had so much fun making my last wreath that I decided to make a different one for our front door. It's really windy in the spring in this little valley where we live, so I needed something with more weight to keep it from blowing off. So, I took an old wreath that needed a makeover and wrapped it in burlap strips. Then I made a whole bunch of different flowers. The thing I love about this wreath is that the flowers are different textures and shapes, instead of them being all the same. Some of the tutorials I used for my flowers are:

http://iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com/2010/09/autumn-bloom-belt.html

http://www.craftleftovers.com/blog/archives/1499 (only instead of gluing them together, I just made a big long one and wrapped it around like on the autumn bloom belt tutorial)

And then of course the rolled fabric rosette tutorial.

For some of the other flowers, I just cut stuff up and messed around until I found something I liked. If you see any of the flowers you want a tutorial for, let me know.

Then, to keep it from blowing off of our front door, I glued some of those strong craft magnets to the back of the wreath. It's worked like a charm! (The first night I put it out I had to get up every few hours to check on it! HAHAH!) I absolutely LOVE it! Have you guys made a spring wreath yet? I wanna see it!!!

26 people leaving some love!:

Kathy said...

Oh, I saw this on your door and forgot to tell you how cute it is! Love it!

Brandy J. said...

Love, Love, Love!! You are one talented woman.

Unknown said...

I love this! The burlap and the different style flowers and the springy colors just.. awesome!

The Clayton Clan said...

I liked the white one, but I LOVE this burlap one!!! Very cute! I have a burlap wreath on my door, I'll post about it when I get back from Spring Break...

Michelle said...

Lovely! Love the colors and, of course, love the burlap :)

Emily @ RemarkableHome said...

This is adorable! Great job!

Unknown said...

Soooo pretty! I love the colors and textures!! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Hi!

I've featured your beautiful print on my blog today! Go take a look if you have a chance!

http://sarahndipities.blogspot.com/2011/03/friday-feature-happy-colors.html

Have a great weekend!!

-Sarah

Jenny said...

what a beautiful wreath! thank you so much for sharing that.

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

I am so in love with this wreath! If only my front door was black. Rats! Such gorgeous colors and flowers.

c.w.frosting said...

I absolutely love thie punchy colored flowers combined with simple burlap! Following now via tatertots & jello.

-caroline
http://cwfrosting.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congrats on the feature on Tatertots & Jello!! So awesome for you!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hi, I'm visiting your darling blog from Tatertots & Jello. This wreath is really great. Your vivid color choices made it even better!

Warmly, Michelle

Lolly Jane said...

we're your new blog bff's {does that sound creepy..uh we follow you now} :)

hey found you on girl creative's blog hop & glad we did. your blog is super cute & we love your humor! esp where you said your hubby dear jane'd you, lol, glad you're happily married now, heehee!

anyway-this wreat is DARLING!! love it. come visit us sometime, we're not as funny as you but sure love a good DIY! (:

kelli & kristi
http://lollyjaneboutique.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I saw you on TT&J and just wanted to stop by and say hello and tell you your wreath is really very cute!

I am having an "every crafty blog" linky party and would love for you to come and join!

Silver Daisies said...

So cute!! Love the colors!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Hi Natalie!

I just wanted to let you know that I included your wreath in a post of fun wreaths for Spring on BabyCenter's blog Momformation!

http://blogs.babycenter.com/life_and_home/3-spring-wreaths-that-say-hello-spring/

Thanks for the inspiration!

ByBy said...

Hi,
Sooo pretty!You can check my version of a spring wreath with flowers inspired from you.I put your link in my post,because people has to know where my inspiration come from :)I'll be happy to see your comment!
http://bybyskingdom.blogspot.com/2011/03/spring-wreath.html

SAS Interiors said...

I love this wreath that you created and featured it in today's post ~ http://www.sasinteriors.net/2011/04/spring-wreath-inspiration/

Thanks for a great project!
Jenna, SAS Interiors

Sarah Jane said...

Love this wreath! I made one following your tut's and made sure to refrence back to your blog! Check out my blog www.sjscrafts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, i love this! I posted about you and your wreath project on my blog today and i am totally going to have to try and put one together! I'll send you pics when its done, Thanks for sharing!
http://www.leidibird.com/blog/
www.leidibird.com

Susanesque said...

I made a wreath inspired by these for my mom for Mother's Day! If you want you can take a look at it here:

http://forum.baby-gaga.com/about1709234.html

I posted links back to your site at the bottom as well. :)

Thanks for a great idea! I didnt spend any money on it and my mom gets a handmade gift that isn't made of popsicle sticks! :)

cheapcraftymama said...

Love this! Just wanted to let you know that I am featuring it on my "Top 10 Spring Wreaths" post today at www.cheapcraftymama.com! Feel free to stop by and grab a link or button! Thanks!

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

What an adorable blog you have! Love your wreath! Adorable! Thanks so much for sharing! Pinning this! Would love to have you link up to my {wow me} wednesday party going on right now over on my blog. :)

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2012/02/wow-me-wednesday-40.html

Justine said...

Stopping by from the Weekend Wind Up! http://queenofsavings.com

Erica said...

Saw your wreath on pinterest and loved it. Just wanted to say that the pin had a bad link and I was so glad that you had your blog name watermarked on the picture.