Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

May The Force Be With You, Aaron!

Okay, I have GOT to do something to distract myself from looking at fabric online. I am literally drooling and ideas are going around in circles in my head! However, with the $600 in doctor bills we've had (IN LESS THAN ONE MONTH!!!) I won't be buying any fabric anytime soon. *sniff sniff* So, how about a post on Aaron's room?

When we first moved here he was really into Transformers. So he had a Transformers bedroom.That has died off, and now it's Star Wars. Since I know he'll probably be over that before too long I don't want to spend a lot of money on Star Wars room decorations, so all I've actually spent money on are picture frames (in which I can change out pictures as his tastes change) and a $5 poster from Walmart, a $10 lamp from Walmart and a Yoda pillow from Target (Thanks, Mom for finding it!!!). Everything else can just be spray painted or whatever to change it up inexpensively.

So, the first change I made was wall art. Remember the ones I designed? Well, I ended up doing something else instead. I can't remember what size frames these are...some random width, but I liked that they were so tall. They were only $3 each! So, I just printed out some Star Wars pictures from the internet, glued them on solid scrapbook paper and called it good. I think they turned out pretty cool, and he loves them!


The second change was to find something on the wall above his dresser. I had this shelf which was originally in the bathroom in Houston, and it was blue. So, I just spray painted it Krylon Champagne Noveau which has a nice metallic sort of finish. Then I spray painted this star black, and printed out an "A" and put that on scrapbook paper and framed it with another Dollar Tree frame that I had kicking around.

Then, I framed the poster in a poster frame from Walmart (I think it was around $10) and spray painted Aaron's name black and champagne noveau. I got the letters from Hobby Lobby when they were having one of their awesome 50% off wall decor sale, so they came out to about $6 total.


So, the total cost for Aaron's room makeover was $36! Not too bad. :)

What's my next project? Our master bedroom! I can't wait to get started!

3 people leaving some love!:

The Yoder's Five said...

You do such a cute job with your kids' rooms! Mine are just overrun with toys. Someday I will have a basement for all their junk. Someday......

The Stehwien's said...

Very nice! I love the new look and you can't beat the price! Good work!

mmmandy! said...

LOVE IT!!! But that seriously has got to be the freakiest looking Yoda on his bed that I've ever seen! I'm impressed that you're not too scared to have it in your house! ;)