Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rolled Fabric Rosette OBSESSION!!!


For anyone who knows me...every so often I come down with some sort of OCD. It usually involves making hair accessories. First, it was beanies with flower clips. Then it was the felt flower headbands. Now...it's rolled fabric rosette headbands with buttons. It all started out with that felt flower pillow with the green rosette on it. Then I couldn't stop making them. I'm not kidding, it's addicting! The possibilities with these things are ENDLESS!!! You can put them on anything! You MUST learn how to make them. I decided to make a headband. (See the yellow one above!) Then, I wore it to the store. I kept having people say "OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE YOUR HEADBAND!" So, what do I do? I go home and make more. And stay up until after 1 a.m. making them. SO worth it. (If you would have asked me as my kids tried to drag me out of bed at 6 a.m. I would have had another answer.) Either way...they're so cute.




*thanks to Whitney for being my head model while she ate her breakfast!*

See what I mean? They are SO cute, so easy and so inexpensive to make! I went and bought 1/8 of a yard of a bunch of different colored fabrics and mesh and it only came out to about $1.50! Then I found some pretty buttons for about $1.30 a pack and all of the headbands were from Dollar Tree. People sell these for like $15 on etsy! (tempting to open my etsy shop back up....but I won't). NOW. This brings us to a very important question. Would you be interested in a tutorial?
Raise your hand! (Um, even better, leave a comment!)

Photobucket

11 people leaving some love!:

Holly Curtis said...

I would love a tutorial! I keep seeing these everywhere and would love to learn to make them. I have 4 girls who would look awful cute with some custom rosette headbands! ;)

Danae Curtis said...

Yes, a tutorial please! =) These are so cute!

Unknown said...

Thanks SO much for your sweet comment on my blog earlier! It's been a really rough day so your little bright spot was very encouraging! And I'm so glad you found me too, b/c now I get to discover you! My daughter and I are on a rosette kick over here too! I swear that's all we did this weekend!

kkoyle said...

That really is cute. Maybe-since I am not crafty-I'll just send you some money and you can make me some! Love them! Kyle

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Those are way cute, sister!

Melanie said...

yes! Tell me how you made them. So cute!

Faye Hayes said...

I would love to learn how too since im on a hair bow making spree. Right now its little curly bows.

Natalie said...

Kyle, I'd be happy to make you some! Email me and tell me what colors you want!

Tiffany said...

I've tried this once and failed but with your tutorial I'm gunna give it a second go! :)

Michelle said...

Two things:
1) I'm totally obsessed w/ these flowers, too! I sewed some on a purse, glued them onto pic frames and, of course, have made headbands. Love them!

2) I totally want to be blog BFFs! (I love that you put that on your blog!)

Found you at The Girl Creative blog hop and am your newest follower!

Michelle :)
LovingEverySecond.blogspot.com

Dana said...

Did you ever do a tutorial?
danalyn78{at}hotmail.com
Love it! Great job!