Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 25, 2011

Blog Button HELLLLLP! (Minus the P)

Photobucket

Oh my heck. I am having the WORST time with HTML code today! I'm trying to get the background on my "I Craft With Natsprat" button to be transparent, but it will only show up as white. Which is great for blogs that have a white background, but NOT so great for people who's blog backgrounds are other colors.

Here is what's going on.

See below...in Photoshop the background is the gray checkered, which is supposed to mean that it's transparent. I save it as a PNG which is supposed to keep the background as transparent.



Then I upload it to Photobucket and save the image. But I think when I save it is when the background changes to white. By background, I mean, the part of the rectangle in the Photoshop image that is the checkered part.



So, then I paste the HTML code for the picture into the HTML code for a blog button...and this is what shows up.

See how the background is white??? It's driving me crazy!


I've tried every tutorial I can find...AAAAAAAAH! So, do you or anyone you know do blog design type things who might be able to help me out? I mean, I'll TOTALLY pay you and everything...I'd REALLY love to get this fixed!

THANKS!

Photobucket

4 people leaving some love!:

Emily @ RemarkableHome said...

sure wish i could help but i have no idea! i can't see the background so I'm not sure what you mean. Do you just need to alter the graphic to begin with? maybe it has nothing to do with the html? sorry i can't be of service! i sure wish I was an html genius!

Michelle said...

When I want a transparent background in Photoshop, I usually have to drag the whole image into a new document (or whatever it's called for Photoshop . . .). When you open your new project/document/whatever, make sure it's the same size as your other one and that it has a transparent background. Usually works for me. Good luck!

Alicia said...

What if you save it as a GIF? Will that work? That is what I usually do to get a transparent bg.

Hope you get it to work!

Anonymous said...

I would either select the magic wand and delete the color or select the image with the magnetic lasso, go to select and click on inverse and then delete to get rid of the background.