Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wake-Up Call


It has been kind of a hard past few days. It all started out with a phone call. From my Mom. Which is usually a good thing, unless the conversation begins with, "Did you hear about..." Then I know it's bad. This week, one of my friends' baby girl died unexpectedly. They're not really sure what happened, other than the baby was sick with typical cold/flu symptoms and then suddenly she took a terrible turn for the worst. They had to flight for life her to Denver and she was on life support for a night. It sounds like she had fluid on her brain. (Some sort of meningitis???) The next morning, they took her off of life support and she passed away. Anytime you hear of someone you know dying it's like a punch to the stomach. But when it's a baby!?! I just can't seem to swallow it. Probably because I have a baby. I can't even imagine what my friend is going through. To lost a child is seriously like, the WORST possible thing that could happen to you. And now I can't seem to let my children out of my sight. If God can take that sweet, happy, smiley little baby away, what is to keep Him from taking one of mine? Suddenly I'm terrified of everything. I'm terrified of germs...like...I've bought 4 packs of antibacterial wipes JUST TODAY. I'm cutting my kids food into smaller pieces so they don't choke. I made sure all of the outlets have covers on them. I was scared to let Kate sleep with her baby blanket. Suddenly I realize just how fragile life really is. I realize that I need to soak up every single moment, every single giggle, every single smile from my precious kids. Because I don't know when time is up. Everything is just fine, honkey dorey, and then in just a moment, your world can be turned upside down. My heart breaks for my friend and their little family. I am SOOO grateful for the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ...knowing that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER. It doesn't mean that you won't mourn, or that bad things won't happen. It just means that in the end, in the VERY END...things will be okay. Now, go give your kids a hug and tell them how much you love them!


Photobucket

6 people leaving some love!:

Anonymous said...

I'm a new follower of yours, my deepest thoughts go out to your friend & her family. What an unimaginable loss.

Lori said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's family. Will say a little prayer for them. I have a friend who has a 13 year old daughter who probably has ovarian cancer. She is having to have all kinds of test that young girls shouldn't have to have. Yet we know God is still in control. Thank you for sharing your heart. Blessings, Lori

The Mursets said...

That is so sad! I know what you mean about watching your kids like a hawk, I am the same way.

Thanks for your reminder to hold our little ones a little closer.

Beck said...

I'm new to following your blog, but I just want to send you all my best thoughts. I understand because our niece passed away 4 years ago at just 7 weeks old, very unexpectedly-acute bronchial pneumonia. It is very hard to swallow such a loss. But know that families are forever is a big comfort. ((hugs))

The Yoder's Five said...

So sad! That's the second blog post I've read today about a kid dying! Augh! Mine had better not be next!! Freaks me out, too. Hugs to you and your precious little ones!

Heather said...

something very similar just happened in my neighborhood. i couldn't believe it. it really shook me to the core because, like you, i have a little babe too. i couldn't imagine not having the gospel in my life when i hear of a family going through something like that.