Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Stephen Update: Going Home (sniff sniff)

Hi everyone, I am in Houston for Spring Break with my family right now (trying to type on a tiny little iphone...)!but I just need to tell you about the update on Stephen I just got. They found another tumor growing in his neck next to his trachea. He is too weak to fight anymore. They are taking him home today, and it sounds like he isn't going to last much longer. His little body just doesn't have much left to give. They think he may only have about a week or so left in him. So, now I ask for your prayers again. Please pray for them to be able to get through this...I can't imagine what it would be like knowing that I only had a few days left with my child...UGH! *grabbing more kleenex* I can't even find any more words to say...it feels like being at the top of a huge roller coaster and I am looking down at the huge terrifying drop just ahead knowing that I can't change the course. I will face the terrifying drop whether I want to or not. All I know is we are going to need more kleenex.

If you want to read the full updates, click on this link to go to his Caring Bridge Journal.


6 people leaving some love!:

Stephanie May Anderson said...

Oh Natalie, I've followed little Stephen's story since you started posting and always hoped and prayed for the best. I've thought about him so much even though I've never met him or his parents, but since I know you, I'm giving you a virtual hug. I wish there was something I could do, but I'll tell you that I love you and have always appreciated your friendship even if it's mostly through the internet these days. The coming days and weeks will be difficult. I keep a little quote in my wallet that someone told me when I lost my friend Hollie. It says, Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come. For what it's worth, know I'm thinking about you all!

Unknown said...

Oh Nat, I am so very sorry to read this. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about how this must feel as a parent. I'm really so very sorry.

Lorien said...

God in his mercy, lend him grace.

I've been enjoying your blog, but not this news so much. Peace to the family.

Anonymous said...

I'm an unknown woman in Ohio that has been following your blog for a while and now Stephen's story. Prayers to you and your family.

Heather L. said...

Natalie, I have sent you an email - I know you are out of town, but please check it if you can asap. Thanks!!!!!

Lara Zierke said...

The end of this story is truly heartbreaking. I don't know how people get through trials like these without the Lord's guidance. As sad as Stephen's story has been for me to experience through your blog, I also find it inspiring and beautiful. His life is far too short, but his beautiful legacy will touch many. Hugs.