Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 17, 2011

My New Blog Design {phew!}

Like my new blog design? Want to hear the story?

Here it goes.

It's after 1 a.m. and I have been sitting at the computer for about 3 hours trying not to hyperventilate or throw the monitor. Silly me, I just wanted to try on a few new blog backgrounds. It's like...trying on shoes, right? No big deal...no serious commitment. Well, one of them I "tried on" completely scrambled my blog and my posts weren't showing up or anything. SO, luckily, before I had "tried on" other blog templates and backgrounds I saved the blog html to my hard drive and was able to start from scratch. Well, in the meantime, I stumbled across an AMAZING blog...who you've probably heard of...

(Dearest Kevin and Amanda...I love you.)

They had a WONDERFUL post on how to design your own blog background! So...I got to work. And it was hard. And fun. Which, basically is fard. (can you tell it's after 1 a.m.?)

So, they also have FREE digital mini scrapbooking kits that you can download, which you need if you are going to design your own blog background. And come on...you know you do. It's kind of the same feeling as going somewhere and seeing someone that's wearing the same outfit as you. "Awwww man....she has the same dress. And dang...it looks SO much better on HER!"


*Awwwwkward*

Well, thanks to their amazing tutorial on how to design your own blog, I have my own {unique} blog design that I absolutely love!

Also, here is another great website for free digiscrap downloads:

Shabby Princess.com

So...Whadda'ya think?

Wadda'I think? I think I'll go to bed now. :)

Photobucket

5 people leaving some love!:

Lori said...

I LOVE IT!!! and you are so funny! I really enjoying your blog and you always make me laugh. Keep up the good work. Blessings

Heather Hemingway said...

LOVE your blog, Nat! So cute and creative:)

The Yoder's Five said...

Wow, nice job! It's super cute! Monica designs her own backgrounds--I have never had the desire to stay up till 1:00am and try.

"Fard"?! HAHAHAHAHA

When I switched to the new blogger template, I about died when I thought I was just "trying it out" and it wouldn't let me reverse it! It was stressful...

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' the new blog design, Nat! And I'm even more impressed that you designed it yourself! AWESOME! I was laughing as I read your post because I change my blog's look recently, as well, and sitting at the computer for that long makes me want to put my fist through the screen... seriously. Very frustrating. Glad you got this thing done and were able to get some sleep! ;)

Have a great week!!

Brie @ Darling Doodles said...

I think Fard is quite possibly my new favorite word! I literally laughed out loud as I read this post.
Thanks for the links, I'm going to go check out those sites!

Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com