Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Camera Strap Cover SUCCESS!!! And mustard yellow flats.

Remember a few weeks ago when I tried to make a camera strap cover and failed miserably? Well, my sister-in-law Kathy made one and it turned out sooo cute! So, this week I got up the courage and I tried again. And I succeeded! (Thank you, thank you very much, no need to hold your applause) I looked at every tutorial I could find, so, I can't really say what tutorial I used...I just kind of put them all together and made it. I found a SUPER AWESOME site that has 15 camera strap cover tutorials called:


TIPNUT.COM

Seriously, check them out. They were SOOOO incredibly helpful! And they had so many cute strap ideas!

So, wanna see what I made, do ya?

Here it is! I'm a little obsessed with navy blue, mustard yellow, brown and cream right now. I blame my sister for that.

HIIIIIIIII, RACHEL! I LOOOOOOVE YOU! Yes, we are twins. (Okay, not really...but everyone thinks we are.) She is the skinny, tan, brown eyed version of me. Who has never said a swear word in her LIFE. She is AMAZING. (And since you're so amazing, I made you one, too, Rach!)

Anyhew....here's a closeup of the detail. You see the nice "diamond" studs? Those are earrings who have lost their other half. I'm so glad I kept them!


And, my new strap will match PERFECTLY with my new mustard yellow flats.
*HAPPY DANCE*

Awww, hello my sweet little shoes!

Well, if you are wanting to make a camera strap, jump on it! If I can do it, I promise YOU can do it.

Photobucket

15 people leaving some love!:

Beck said...

So cute! Makes me want to try my girl's skirt again. Never give up! Never surrender! And I love that color combo, too. :)

The Yoder's Five said...

CUTE SHOES! And I love that pic of you and Rachel. Good job on the camera strap--it looks a little intimidating to make!

PS. Thank goodness for Target.com's shoe section. Totally love it.

Tausha Wierlo said...

OHH my gosh - i LOVE your camera strap cover - ABSOLUTELY adorable! :) Your soo cute!

Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life said...

That's on my to-do list! I love yours! The colors look fabulous together and they are great for any season.

LOVE IT!

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

So darling!! Those mustard flats are to die for. And, just when I thought they couldn't get any cuter.. They match your darling camera strap. WELL DONE! You make me brave..

Michelle said...

LOVE those shoes!!! And the camera strap? So cute!

PS - that pic of you on your sidebar is GORGEOUS!

Lara Zierke said...

Those shoes are the bomb. The last time I saw Rachel she was a tomboy with shor hair. Haha.

Tatum said...

Yay! So glad it worked- it was worth the extra effort, it is ridiculously cute! love the colors! I have a big, fat, nerdy padded camera strap, I don't think there is a pattern in the whole wide blogosphere for that level of geekdom. And hooray for yellow shoes! That's what I'm wearing right now myself, twin!

Unknown said...

Girl.....I need you to teach me how to sew!!!! You do such an amazing job! I'm trying to make the kiddos bunnies for Easter and they are looking more like pigs than bunnies ....errrr!

Simply Smith said...

Oh, my gosh, I LOVE those yellow flats! Target, here I come!! :D I really like that color, especially paired with a great teal! Your camera strap looks great, too!

Also, I'm having a giveaway on my blog, so stop by and check it out! Happy Friday!

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

I LOVE it. Thanks, lady! Glad you were able to find some flats in that color. I wear mine every day. Now we are really twins.

Love you!

Melissa said...

You are too cute! I wish I had a camera strap but I can't sew!

Rebecca said...

Natalie, I need to get your address to send ;you an invitation to Lizzy's wedding, and I don't have your email. Can you email me. Mine is
rebecca.reschke@hotmail.com
Love you and love your blog too!!!!

Melissa said...

Hi Natalie it was me that left the message! I would totally love a camera strap, that's so sweet of you to offer. I really can pay too if you want me to. I love lots of colors and flowery things like reds, mustard, brown, green or turquoise but anything you make is so cute!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

I found your blog via Natalie over at A Turtle Life.....LOVE it! :) (I actually live near Natalie.) I would love you to link your camera strap up to my linky Thrifty Thursday....it is such an awesome color.....I'm enjoying looking at all your posts!