Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm Baaack!


Oh my gosh, I swear I'm still here!

First, our hard drive on our computer died. (Second time in 1 year! AAARGH!) So, we've been without a computer for a while. I lost ALLLLL of my pictures, and it still makes me want to throw up when I think about it. We even bought an external hard drive about a year ago. It's still in it's box. Lesson learned. If you buy an external hard drive to back up your stuff...USE IT. *smacking forehead against computer monitor*

Then, I was gone because my beloved Grandpa passed away. That was an emotional roller coaster because every day my Dad would call and say "today will probably be the day...I just can't imagine he will last much longer." He did this every day for a week! My Grandpa had a big strong heart...and I'm sure it was using Energizer batteries. It was a bittersweet occasion, half of me is so sad that he isn't here anymore, yet the other half of me is so relieved and happy for him. He suffered from Parkinson's Disease, and while his mind was still so alive, he was trapped in a body that prevented him from saying all of the wonderful things he wanted to say or doing the the things he wanted to do. It was heartbreaking. I don't know what I would do without the gospel of Jesus Christ....knowing that families are FOREVER and that I will see him again. I know he'll be watching over us and looking in on us from time to time...it's not the end of his book, just the beginning of another chapter. And it was nice to get back up to Utah to see everyone. My Grandma has been so strong through all of this, she is such an amazing woman. I am so blessed to be part of such an incredible family!

I don't remember the last time we had a family picture. And my dad had to hold me up because my heels were sinking into the grass! P.S...that is the last time I will EVER wear high heels to a funeral. *OUCH*

ANNNNND, I've been busy painting. We turned our master bedroom into a "home gym" because our garage is so friggin hot in the summer, and FREEEZING in the winter. So, we moved the girls in together (they are LOVING sharing a room!) and we moved the master bedroom into Whitney's old room. I was kind of sad to paint over the cute bedroom colors, but I love the way our new master bedroom turned out! Pictures to come soon! I just have to hang all the wall decorations and stuff.

So...stay tuned!


Photobucket

6 people leaving some love!:

Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life said...

Welcome back!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather passing. AMEN for having the truth of salvation and knowing that we will be reunited with our loved ones again one day! I'm also cringing for you with the loss of your pictures... I have nightmares about that happening, I swear! Seriously, thank you for sharing because it motivates my lazy tush to back up my own pictures!

PS--Love the family picture and all of the cute little ones! :)

{Trulie Scrumptious} said...

Natsprat we have Missed you!! So sorry to hear about your grandpa, ours passed away last year and we understand completely about half being sad and half being so happy they are in a better place. We can't WAIT to see all your pictures of your new remodels! {oh and we're SUPER glad that skunk out your door decided not to spray it's lovely juice on your house}

Lori said...

I am so sorry to hear about your pictures. I have done that before. And my heart breaks for you and your family with the loss of your grandfather. Our loss is God's gain. I am so glad to see you back. I have so missed you. Blessings

The Yoder's Five said...

Yay! So glad you're back! I'm so sorry about your pictures being lost. I'd better back up mine....

Sorry about your g-pa, too. It's never easy losing someone, even if you know it's for the best. Glad you got to come to UT for the funeral, though. That's one good looking family you have! Hope to see you at Matt's wedding!

Unknown said...

Oh Nat, I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather! My grandfather passed away last August and it's been a rough year for us. He was the only grandfather I ever had and I miss him so. But he's in a better place and I'll get to see him again someday! What a wonderful day that will be!