Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 15, 2011

Anthropologie Inspired Wedding Gifts

First of all, if you are by brother Matt or future SIL Jessica STOP READING NOW!!! Or, keep reading and PRETEND to be surprised when you open your wedding present, a'ight?

Now, for the rest of you, here's the scoop. My little brother is getting married this weekend. I still can't believe it! He grew up waaaay too fast. But, I am so excited for him, and I absolutely adore his fiancé. He picked a REALLY great girl and she's going to be a FABULOUS addition to the family! So...then comes the hard part. What is harder than finding something to wear to the wedding? ANSWER: The perfect wedding present. Remember how we live in the little tiny middle of nowhere place with nowhere to shop other than Walmart? Well, they aren't registered at Walmart...and honestly, our little valley Walmart is pretty pathetic. SOOOO, what is a girl to do!?! Especially when there is no Anthropologie here? And that's the style they like? Well. I'll tell you. HELLOOOO KNOCKOFFS! So...are you ready to see some nice shabby chic goodness? Good. :)

It all started off with an ugly gold-ish frame. However, it had great details and lots of potential. A little paint and creativity turned it into THIS:


Photobucket

(Just choose a base color, paint it, let it dry, and then choose an accent color and lightly go over the details and edges to make it look shabby. That's it!)

I love creating things because it's something that nobody else has. Which, is da bomb. And all that.

So then I had this knob...hanging....thing (really, I don't know what it's called) that was pink and on clearance from Hobby Lobby (thanks, Mom!) and I fixed it up into THIS:

Photobucket

She can use it to hang necklaces or scarves or whatever she wants. I am SOOO incredibly tempted to keep it for myself. Sigh. But, I already have one. And it's in their wedding invitation colors. Hopefully she'll like the set. Annnd, maybe it will inspire her on how to decorate their bedroom. I'm picturing something like THIS:


And, I'm going to make them a matching throw pillow now. Out of THIS fabric (which is on sale at fabric.com!)


Annnnnd, that's the awesomeness of keeping an eye out for things that have potential. Look for cute details and use your imagination! This whole set only cost about $7. That's including the pillow! (You did not just read that, Matt and Jessica....what I meant to say was $70.)

Now, get out there to your local thrift store or garage sale and get crazy! :)

8 people leaving some love!:

Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life said...

Wow! That looks like a $50 gift!!

Tatum said...

Twin, twin, twin, I've been eyeing up that exact fabric for months! Glad to know it's on sale! Love the wedding gift projects- hooray for some NatSprat goodness!

Jess said...

I'm thinking my brother and soon to be sister in law wish i was as creative as you!!! My brother is getting married on Friday and i don't even have an idea for a gift yet!!!! You are one awesome sister/sister in law!!! way to be creative an make gorgeous stuff!!!!

Melissa said...

How cute! You are so talented!

The Yoder's Five said...

HELLO! I have been sitting here for the past two weeks wondering what to wear to the wedding and what present to get them, too! Thanks for the tips!! Seriously!!!

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

Hey! Come on over and link up to Scrappy Saturdays at candacecreations.blogspot.com!

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

This is beautiful I love your project and the bedroom....I want mine to look like that...I think I need that fabric! Thanks for linking up to scrappy saturdays! See you back next weekend :)

Herringbone said...

Very nice! my sister is getting married on next week maybe I should tell her to check your blog.