Aunt Carolyn tagged me...and I want to tag Rachel, Chris, Diana, Melissa Ainsworth , Stephanie, Mindi, Rebecca, and Jessica.
1. I am addicted to chapstick and lipgloss. I have sooooo many it's probably such a waste of money...but I just can't help it. My favorite is the Bonnie Bell Lipsmackers...they are the best ever! They have a great shine and they moisturize really well. Plus they taste yummmmmmy.
2. I am terrified of Bigfoot. Camping is really difficult for me...I hardly sleep a wink and I get so stressed out. I think it comes from watching Harry and the Hendersons when I was little.
3. My favorite food is Honey Seared Chicken from Pei Wei. I could eat it every day and never get tired of it!!!
4. I really wish I had a motorcycle. I would love to have a street bike!!! I used to ride dirt bikes with my best friend Jessica and I just thought it was the funnest and coolest thing ever. I felt so free! However, Mike refuses to let me get one...something about him wanting me to stay alive? Sheeesh.
5. Let's just say I'm not a clean freak. I can keep up with the kid's messes allll day long. But when it comes to my stuff (like my side of the sink with all my make-up and hair junk, and my side of the closet, and my craft table...) I just can't seem to get it organized. I wish I had obsessive compulsive cleaning disorder.
6. I am fascinated with the Ancient ruins in Mexico and South America. My dream is to someday go there and tour them, especially the Book of Mormon Ruins. I'd love to go see Teotihuacan, Uxmal, Chichen Itza...to be where the Savior visited the Nephites in Bountiful.....aaaaaaaah. It would be the most incredible experience. I want to cry just thinking about it!
7. I love scrapbook supplies but I have never made a scrapbook page in my life. I make cards instead.
8. I'm afraid of the dark. Terrified actually.....
9. I love to play the guitar and write my own songs. It's my therapy. I played at an open mic night once and it was so much fun! I wish I could do it more....but, alas.
10. One of the most memorable times in my life was getting to sing to my Grandpa in the hospital before he passed away. The spirit was so strong, and he had tears in his eyes. I kissed him on the forehead and that was the last time I got to see him. I couldn't have asked for a better way to get to say good-bye to my dear Pa Pa. I miss him so much.
11. I used to want to be a storm chaser when I was in High School. I would get up on the roof during thunderstorms (dumb, I know). Now that I live in tornado alley I dread the storms and if I ever saw a tornado I would totally freak out. Whereas, if I was still in High School I would have hijacked the parents van and followed it taking pictures all along the way.
12. I can't swallow pills. I try, I really do....but they literally get stuck in my throat. If I drink water, the water gets stuck on top of the pill and then I'm really in trouble. It's miserable. The last pill I took was the size of an advil and I choked on that dumb thing for almost 3 hours.
13. I love flip flops! I rarely ever wear anything (I mean shoes...I get dressed of course) other than flip flops...unless it's Sunday. Ooh, I just love flip flops!
14. My birthday is on July 4th! I have such wonderful memories of my birthdays. They are usually during our Chatwin family reunions and it is always so much fun! Plus, my cousin Tyler and I would sometimes have joint birthday parties because his birthday is just a few days after mine. I thought that was awesome!!!
15. Geez. I'm only on 15. I'm running out of things here. Um......let's see. I refuse to eat the crust on my peanut butter sandwiches. I swear it tastes gross. I'm fine if it's a lunch meat sandwich...or grilled cheese...but not peanut butter.
16. I would love to be an interior decorator! If someone were to just hand over a credit card and say "Please decorate my house!" I would be in heaven. I can't wait to get our own house so I can paint.....won't be happening for a long time....but I LOVE home makeover shows and magazines. I have a binder with pictures of what I want to do someday.
17. I hate spiders. I can hold a snake, catch a lizard, squish a cockroach- no problem. But if it's a spider I freak out! Especially those great big ones at Grandma's house....eeeeeeek!
18. I've had lots of random jobs. I was a nurse in a nursing home for a while until I had to help clean up a woman who died and clean out her colostomy bag and I had a little bit of a melt down, I worked in a bakery until it got shut down for sexual harassment (I turned the boss in to the police because he kept slapping my rear and he tried to kiss one of my co-workers...and the guy was MARRIED to the sweetest lady who had no idea he was a creep), I worked in a wood shop making cedar jewelry boxes for Mike's Uncle, I was a pre-school teacher for a while (One day, the lady who owned the place left town and her husband and never came back so the place shut down!) I worked in a newspaper place inserting the fliers and coupon adds into the papers (that didn't last long either because the cigarette smoke from the other workers was so bad and I would come home so nauseated and smelling like smoke. Who would figure they let employees smoke in a newspaper place with stacks and stacks of paper everywhere???) I worked in this little convenience store called ALCO until I finished my nursing degree and decided to work in the nursing home instead, and I was a nanny/housekeeper for my sister-in-law until their house burned down in a forrest fire and they moved to Maine.
19. How about if 18 counts as 7? So that puts us at.....
26. My kids are my pride and joy...sometimes they are the only thing that keep me going and the only happiness I have all day. I don't know what I would ever do without them!
27. I love musicals. Love, love, love them. I've always dreamed of being on Broadway in Les Miserables or Phantom of the Opera. But that's never gonna happen...so maybe I can be a singing angel when I die and get to stand next to the cool trumpet guys!
28. I've always wanted a pug. Those little dogs with the smashed in faces and silly round googly eyes. But last time I saw one, it reminded me of a tarantula (I think it was the dark round eyes and the color of the short haired fur?) so now I don't really want one anymore. How's that for random?
28.5 I just realized it's 28.5......how do I do a half of a random thing about me? Ooh! Ooh! I know! This ones a good one! I realllllllly like...........
hah. There you go! 28.5 Things about me!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Posted by Natalie at 9:08 AM