Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

{personal} Whitney's Baptism


My sweet Whitney was baptized last weekend! I can't believe she is already 8...it makes me feel so old! She has been SOOOOO excited to be baptized, literally...she has counted down the days for MONTHS. I swear, she just about dove into the water.

She has a cousin who is just a few weeks apart from her in age. Whitney came late and Jenna came early! So, they were able to be baptized on the same day, which made it extra special. They are the best of buds . :)

The baptism was wonderful! Everything I dreamed it would be...accept for the part where Aaron got his head stuck in the chair. It fit through the hole just fine, but getting it back out was another story for some reason. That made the baptism memorable in more way than one.


Whitney and Jenna even did a special musical number. They sang a song from the Primary Song Book called "When I Am Baptized". It was so pretty, they did a great job!


***
When I am Baptized
I like to look for rainbows
Whenever there is rain
And ponder at the beauty of an Earth made clean again
I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can
And live with God again.

I know when I am baptized
My sins are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can
And live with God again.

***

Such sweet lyrics! :)

I am so proud of her, and so INCREDIBLY blessed to have her as a daughter!

Photobucket

3 people leaving some love!:

The Yoder's Five said...

Congratulations Whitney!! I can't believe she's 8!! That is hilarious about Aaron getting his head stuck. Sounds like something that would happen to me and my kids! HA!!

Glad he came out in one piece. :)

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Oh man.. I am dying! Thanks for taking a picture! Ha ha.

Melissa said...

Aw, I can't believe you have an 8 year old! You must be so proud! That really is funny about Aaron getting his head stuck!