My dear sweet husband decided he was tired of my craft room. While I was at mutual he took all of my stuff out and put it in the garage! Now, he has his "Man Room" with his guitars and recording stuff, a TV and his Playstation 2, his computer desk and man junk, and his huge bookcase with all of his school books. Silly boy. If his sign weren't so cute I'd be a little more offended. I think for revenge I'll paint his Man Room pink and put up some frilly ugly curtains while he's gone to Kenpo! Ooh! Ooh! And hang up a life size Zack Effron poster.....mwahahahaaaaa!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
The 4's of ME!
I just realized that I was tagged a few weeks ago by my dear sweet Twinks, (Sorry, Whit, don't know how I missed that!) Anyways....
4 JOBS I'VE HAD
1. Cashier at ALCO
2. CNA at a nursing home
3. Cashier/waitress at a bakery
4 MOVIES I'VE WATCHED MORE THAN ONCE
2. The Jason Bourne collection
4. Napoleon Dynamite
4 PLACES I'VE BEEN
1. Mount Rushmore
4. Sand Dunes National Park
4 FAVORITE FOODS
1. Pei Wei Honey Seared Chicken
2. my mom's cheesecake
3. Chicken Enchiladas from Cheesecake Factory
4. home-made popcorn with salt and butter....mmmmm.
4 PLACES I'D LIKE TO VISIT
1. The ancient ruins in South America and Mexico
2. I'd like to go see Paris, where my dad served his mission
3. All the American history sites...like Gettysburg, or Boston...
4. All the church historical sites...like Palmyra, the Sacred Grove, Nauvoo, etc.
4 THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEAR
1. Our Chatwin family reunion in a few weeks!!!
2. The Brimhall reunion next week!
3. The beach trip in August
4. our next youth temple trip
Now, I'd like to tag...um...whoever wants to be tagged since I'm giving my usual people I tag a break...
Posted by Natalie at 12:53 PM
We started a reward jar for Whitney a while back. Every time she does something to help out or does something remarkably nice, we put a coin in her jar. The agreement was that she could use her money that she earned for anything she wants! She'd been wanting a pet fish for a while and would make us go look at them every time we went to Wal-Mart. She decided that she wanted to save up her money go get a fish! After about two months of saving up we took her and her jar to Wal-Mart and got to pick out a fish, a fish bowl, food, a little fishbowl plant and some pretty rocks. She was so proud of herself when she handed the cashier her money and the cashier handed her back the receipt! I'm glad she learned that good old lesson about working for things and not always getting everything you want when you want it. Hopefully this is something she'll always remember! And, I'm happy to say that our new pet "Coral" is still alive and well and Whitney has been very good at remembering to feed her. Now, let's just hope she doesn't decide she wants to save up for a puppy....
Whitney's new pet, Coral.
Posted by Natalie at 6:39 AM
Monday, June 16, 2008
How To Play This Game of Tag: Post these rules on your blog... List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!
1. My family!
2. The gospel
3. Feeling the spirit through good music
1. One of my kids dying...or Mike...or anyone in my family....
2. Not being ready when the Savior comes again...and becoming a crispy critter.
1. To make sure Whitney and Aaron have a strong foundation in the gospel before they are teenagers.
2. To spend more quality one on one time with the kids
3. To read the entire Missionary Reference Library!
1. Currently my obsession is making jewelry...but I'm still working on building up the supplies! (I'm excited to learn all the tricks of the trade from the Mursets!)
2. Exercising. I've been trying like crazy to lose weight before the family reunion!
3. Lip gloss. I LOVE lip gloss! Any color...any flavor....I love it! I think this came from my mom and her Bonnie Bell...
1. I'm obsessed with getting emergency/food storage supplies! I wish I could start a business to make other people's emergency kits for them! Or make a personalized list of emergency/food storage supplies for them and their family's needs.
2. I drove my mom to the hospital when she went into labor with my little brother! It was one of the most exciting times in my life! (Though you would never have known she was so far into labor with how controlled and clam she was! That woman is amazing!)
3. I have a horseshoe kidney. Instead of two kidneys, it's just one long kidney in the shape of a horseshoe!
I'd like to tag Sarah, Mandy, Carolyn, Melissa, Monica and Chris
Posted by Natalie at 7:32 AM
I know this is a little late, but I finally found the USB cable for my camera so now I can update! For Cinco De Mayo I wanted to start a family tradition of doing a pinata! So, I spent allllll day on the 4th making this fish pinata out of a balloon, paper mache, newspaper, tissue paper, craft wire and streamers! I must say I think it turned out really well and I was so proud of myself!
Here is the post pinata. It didn't take long for Whitney to break it open, but she sure had fun! Of course the best part is when the candy spills out....and I couldn't stop laughing about the hours and hours (I think it was 10 hours!) of hard work getting smashed right in front of my eyes! The laughter and squeals from the kids made it all worth it! I'm definitely doing this again next year!
Posted by Natalie at 6:48 AM
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Yesterday we were at the mall, and we were passing Master Cuts and Michael reminded me that I had mentioned that I would like to get my hair cut. So, I was like "oh yeah!" and decided to go in and get a nice little trim. I was thinking maybe an inch or so off with some layers or something. No big deal. After leaving the mall in tears, feeling as if I had just lost a limb somehow, I would like to share some things I've learned from my experience.
1. Make sure your hair cutter person speaks ENGLISH. (or whatever language you speak will be fine.)
2. If you are trying to explain to her what you want and she has this blank look and just keeps nodding and then says something to the hair cutter lady next to her in spanish...something is wrong.
3. Take a good look at your hair cutter lady's hair. If her hair cut looks bad, chances are she did it herself and yours will look bad, too.
4. When the chunks of hair falling to the floor are definitely LONGER than what you thought they should be (mine were like 6 inches)...instead of trying to convince yourself that she's a hair dresser, she knows what she's doing and it will all turn out okay, STOP HER! Simply tell her that's a little too much!!! Or a lot too much and take the scissors away from her.
5. And when she keeps cutting it shorter on shorter on each side to make one side match the other just tell her it looks fine and book it out of there.
6. When she is finally done making both sides even and asks "you like?" and you absolutely can't believe that that is actually your head with that horrible hair doo, it's okay to burst into tears. In my case, I didn't say anything because I was just trying not to throw up, wrote her a check as fast as I could and turned and ran out in tears.
7. If you see someone with the beautiful haircut that you thought you were supposed to get, instead of bursting into tears again and wanting to beat her up, just turn and look the other way. Yours will grow out again....though it may be years....like....three or four years.....it will grow back. (sigh)
If I could find the darn USB cable for my camera I'd put up a lovely picture of my new much shorter and really freaky hair cut for you.
Posted by Natalie at 6:54 PM